Which english do you use? British or american ?

Give me a five !!! ;D

Erm…Lithunian LiežuvisI never use British or American accent,'coz I think that it would sound kinda silly and atrtificially from Lithuanian girl lips.I think that British accent should be left for British people,and American accent for Americans.

the different’s with the pronounsation. For example : Amer.- I can’t- [ai kent], brit. - I can’t - [ai kaant]… there are also some other differences about some words an so on.

;DDD noone of us, who hasn’t someday lived in Great Britain could’nt speak the real british accent. But there are things, that you can’t leave for britains or americans. For example, as I said the pronounsation of some simple words.

well, as far as i know, we all should be taught british english at school. which includes british accent as well. and you cannot speak in some lithuanian accent if you want to speak real english. pronunciation is as essential element of a language as anything else Taip it ´cannot be distorted anyhow. this is what i think Drovus

it really is silly, but it’s hard to convince the teachers with it. i mean if the teacher for example has been to UK and preffers brittish english, he’s gonna try and pull you in the brittish way of speaking. i came to experience that it is very difficult to start talking brittish, when you’re used to american. it’s a lot easier just to start studying the language all over again from the beginning, or just go to UK and study there. Šypsena

I totally agree with you. Gerai

Thanks Gėlė,so I use British accent.

i am using british accent cause i am learning brittish english,not american

I wouldn’t try to speak in a british accent if I wouldn’t want to. I just don’t like american speaking anymore. Though it’s easyer to understand… For me.

you’re welcome ;>

good for you

also, americans tend to always pronounce [r] Nekaltas

well yeah, american english is easier… Šypsena but the language you choose depends on each personallity, and what do they intend to do with it, where to use it Mirkt. for instance if in the future u’ll intend to live in the UK, then it is usefull to change american english to british english, but if not, then why bother and waste your time on something you’ll never need? Girtas

*feels embarrassed* Yes you are right.I admit that I forgot about the simple words Drovusand I think that I’ve missunderstood a question a little bit Drovus.So I guess I’m using American english Laimingas

True.

The thing is that I don’t want to talk in an accent of americans. I don’t like it. And I’m almost sure, that I won’t end up my days in America because uh… Blogai Blogai And I can’t say so about United Kingdom. I just don’t know how to say ;}

It’s ok. ;}

Here is another fine example of misusing titles for a topic. From your comments seems that you are asking not about the accent, but about which English people use- British or American. To answer your question in the title, I use Lithuanian accent when I speak English. And you know what- it is very difficult and takes a very long time to abandon Lithuanian accent and speak like a native (be it American, British or Australian). In fact, when you spend some time in an English speaking country,people recognize that you are a foreigner from your accent, even though your English is perfect. I have known people that have spent 30 years in the States, and still have a slight accent of their native country. To answer the question which English I use- I use American English, because, well, I live in the States. However, if I try, I can try and speak like a Brit, use British words and expressions. I even know some Australian expressions, and have met people from New Zealand, and spoken to them. Acctually, I have been in a group of Americans, Brits and Australians, and the final result is that they all can understand each other very well, and the differences blend naturally in the conversation.

I said nothing about perfect pronunsation and speaking english like britain or american. I know perfectly that it’s almost impossible. I was just interested in how people speak english. Because actually, here, in Lithuania, we should learn british english. And about thje title…maybe you’re right.