How do you seek spiritual enlightenment?

Better late Liežuvis than never Mirkt

After all, the bible is interpreted by humans before it became written.

Nice said, good point. About character, I think your character is how other people see you, character is result of how you act to others. Some people look inside themselves to find out who they are, nonsense! Look at what you did/do instead! Speaking up loud the faults/sins you made make someone memorise this better ŠypsenaAnd somehow there is always a nice atmosphere in churches Laimingas

Agree totally, why need expensive houses of God (churches/cathedrales) to pray when God listens to you when you pray alone under a tree too. Under a tree sometimes has nice atmosphere too Mirkt

Why is he the best? Or should I meet him to find out? Maybe I will one day…

Yeah, but is it losing the respect they had, or they don’t deserve any respect? Is respect something you have to deserve or something you can loose? Abusing their power they got from religious people, misplaced trust… Whose fault here? The abuser or the people who gave this power?

Nice one!

Don’t forget to mention this in [bite.lt/plius/bendravimas/klubai/2forum.showPosts/438973.81 .1-=(2082646084](http://www.bite.lt/plius/bendravimas/klubai/2forum.showPosts/438973.81.1-=(2082646084) Mirkt

Gėlė Laimingas

Yoga for the body and church for the mind?

Does the higher being has anything to do with you feeling enlightened, or you feel enlightened by seeing people do good things for each other?

I think this is the most important thing to go to church, listening to a sympathetic priest/pastor.

Not just because of you wake up in church? Liežuvis No, I got your point, you received new positive energy Laimingas Right? And maybe with a better feeling about humanity? Mirkt

Just curious to see if and how people get spiritually into higher spheres. Some try to reach this by praying (mostly religious people), some are using techniques like meditation and maybe there are other ways? Don’t tell me by using drugs, I’m talking about natural ways, not chemical ways Piktas Myself for example, I’m meditating twice a day, I like this and therefore no need to force myself Mirkt Sometimes when I’ve time I do some yoga exercises before meditation, feels good, yoga for the body and meditation for the soul. Actually now I’m thinking about a book I read last year, Why God Won’t Go Away : Brain Science and the Biology of Belief by Andrew Newberg, very interesting book about allthough all the knowledge we get from science, people still believe in God. Can I put a link here? bookbrowse.com/index.cfm?page=title&titleID=788 The main point in this book is they try to prove ‘God’ is wired in your brain, to take account for things you cannot explain by yourself, like for what reason do you live, why are people you love dying. Quite interesting, changes in your brain can be detected when you get spirtual enlightenment Cha cha

IMHO, such things as soul and spiritual stuff are nonsence, maybe because I am not religiuos or something.

Yes I’m not spiritual too because I’m not religious maybe Nekaltas

It is not about the religion, it s just the way that makes u feel better and lets u live more comfortable life. Some seek it with the help of religion, some find other ways. For now yoga and all its system (it has 5parts) fits me best, not only for my soul, but also the body. Šypsena

Well, then my way of spiritual enlightenment is a simple work out at the stadium Šypsena

I have tried meditation several times but it is impossible for me to concentrate and to forget the outer world and it’s problems Nežinau I feel that meditation is even necesary for me, but I find no way to do that… Religions is definitely not my path. At least for now. I have made too many huge sins through my life that I do not consider being sins Šypsena