What's Cooking?

yes of course Cha cha but i’m not counting such things as to fry an egg Cha cha

you may be surprised to learn that some people are incapable even of such simple tasks Mirkt

yeah. my older sister knew how to burn water. yes, burn

She must have been very skilled. How about you? Do you have a special dish? Btw, I don’t get what you wanted to say with your previous post.

Juokiasi Juokiasi JuokiasiHow did they like the dinner? Did they say next time to make 10 eggs? Cha cha

I would be a better cook if I had someone who enjoyed doing the dishes. Girtas Cha chaI make a good lasagna, deep-dish pizza, mushroom soup, a Thai food dish Niam niam, LT farmer’s cheese Cha cha - and a delicious jello Taip Cha cha Juokiasi

Juokiasi that’s good. Of course you were a good daughter Mirkt. Was the food still edible? (just checking Mirkt)

I heard Lithuanian men love doing the dishes Mirkt

Lasagne/Canneloni; Chicken with raisins, shredded carrots, pearch (or pine apples); Red beet soup with meatballs LaimingasAnd my husband makes amaizing salad Mirkt I often have it for lunch at work Laimingas

sounds yummy Cha chawhat kind of salad?

dial for a “chilli” pizza

I remembered about me and my sister… we decided to do surprise for Parents Apkabinimas and make some cookies for them Laimingas So we did… Just before our Parents Apkabinimas came back, we understood that instead of baking soda, we put there washing soda Cha cha Cha cha Cha cha So we had to throw out those cookies (they were so Niam niam Cha cha) We newer told our Parents Apkabinimas about that surprise Ne Juokiasi

what else do you eat besides pizza?

that’s so sad… did you try to make them again with the right soda?

I wonder if it is “barsciai” with small meatballs? So how do you make cakes without flower? Just eggs and sugar? Juokiasi

Juokiasiwhy would you leave flour out?

hey guys, sorry.i had an awful lot of work today,so, even though i brought my recipe notebook to work with me,i didn’t get a chance to enter any… i promise,tomorrow…i’ll enter at least one. Šypsena

Of course Laimingas Many times Cha cha

ok, here’s the shrimp pilaf… ingredients: 1 diced onion 1 diced green pepper 5 sections of a garlic clove, diced 1 small can of mushrooms 8 oz. of fresh mushrooms, peeled and sliced 3 grated carrots 1/2 bottle of Heinz catsup chili powder (to taste) curry powder (to taste) whipping cream (heavy) or half and half shrimp, peeled (about 1/2 pound per person) rice pilaf (Far East brand)-- 2 packages *yes, it makes a difference if you use a different catsup or rice pilaf… and the order you add the ingredients in also makes a difference. Sautee the onions, pepper and garlic in butter. Mix in mushrooms and sautee for at least five minutes. Mix in carrots, catsup, chili and curry powder. Keep sauteeing on medium heat (low heat for electric ranges) (you may add water if you think you need to-- I find that the mushrooms, especially, release water, so I very rarely wind up adding any)… Turn the heat even lower and let the mixture heat itself. I usually leave it on the stove like that for a good hour (stirring every so often). Pour in about 4 tablespoons of whipping cream (or half and half). Put in the shrimp, turn the heat up slightly. If the sauce seems too sour to you, pour in more whipping cream. Prepare the pilaf according to the package directions. Serve the shrimp mixture hot over hot pilaf. You can also serve garlic bread on the side. The actual cooking usually takes me a couple of hours, because I really like the combination of smells and I let it fill my house. I add the shrimp about the time I start making the pilaf-- you don’t want the shrimp to overcook, but that’s also why you don’t want to turn the heat on high. i hate electric stoves-- unfortunately, i’m stuck with one right now-- i find i really have to experiment even with all the dishes i’ve been making forever in order to get them right! Mirkt