Is English a poor language?

WellNekaltas yes, but our languege is very richTaip

you are right Taip
we have a lot lithuanian words Taip

You are right Gerai our languege is very very rich.We have a lot lithuania words Gerai

Kodėl negalim? Hi there, Ugly Little Summer! Labas

What???Ugly???As tau duosiu Ugly Piktas Kanda Cha cha

NO it isn’t!!!

I strongly disagree. Languages are different for different reasons. There are over 10 words in the Lithuanian language to describe the color of a horse. Do you know them? Do you need to know them now? There obviously was a point when they talked about horses a lot and needed to be very specific describing the color. There are languages where they have more than 15 words to say "snow", but that’s because they probably have plenty of it and need to be concise. The English language doesn’t really have gender either. But I suppose with all the anti-discrimination laws that have been passed, that helps staying out of trouble.
Oh NO!!!Apakęs English doesn’t have the word "besikishkiakopusdeliaudavome" also (it would probably look like a paragraph). SO WHAT? How many times have you actually used that word for any other reason rather than just saying it? Šypsena There was just simply no need for people to have all the forms of nouns in the English language. I am extremely glad that Lithuanian has so many suffixes for nouns. But how often do you actually use those forms of the word "summer" except for the most common ones.
There are things that the English has that Lithuanian doesn’t. And so is true with any language.

Šypsena Do you noticed smiling face in the title? Do you noticed "I can’t believe"? In actual fact you not disagree but agreeApkabinimas. Juokiasi This theme - my provocation. LaimingasLabas

pagal tave uztenka vienos priezasties kad kalba butu turtinga arba skurdi: priesagu. neblogai neblogai…

Please, read the 27th post, dear. Šypsena

nevadink manes dear. mes dar nesusituoke Juokiasi

O kaip tave paprastai angliškai vadinti nenaudojant niko?

‘Dear’ angliškai neneša tos prasmės, kuri gaunama išvertus į lietuvių.

[quote]vk_ rašė:
‘Dear’ angliškai neneša tos prasmės, kuri gaunama išvertus į lietuvių.
[/quote]

Dear = mielas. When used on its own, it’s a cute nickname, as in, hey sweetie, hey dear, etc. When used in a greeting, as in "Dear John, Dear Sue" - it’s part of the greeting, and not used to be a sweet nickname.

And did I read that vk_ provoked sombebody??? Apakęs Apakęs Apakęs Apakęs
Liežuvis Liežuvis Liežuvis Liežuvis Mirkt

vienintelis anglu kalbos privalumasm tai old english. o siaip savo israiskingumu liatuviu ir rusu kalbos ja gerokai lenkia.Nekaltas

What do you mean when you say ‘old english’? I don’t imagine it.

vk, yra kruva tekstu, parasytu senaja anglu kalba. paimk, paskaitinek. suprasi. siaip, siek tiek teorijos: old english, buvo mazdaug iki viduramziu vidurio (jei tik gerai pamenu). geriausias pavyzdys, "beovulfas". middle english, cia rasi pas sekspyra. ir galiausiai modern english. tai, kaip snekama dabar.

But why is old English more valuable or better as modern English? Just because Sheakspeare lived in that time, don’t it?

as nesakau, kad geriau, ar vertingesnis. as tik sakiau, kad tai anglu kalbos privalumas. kalbos, kaip visumos. bet tiek to. be to. prie ko cia sekspyras? tiesa sakant sekspyro olo pakest negali, bet cia ne apie tai.

Every language has its own periods Šypsena They simply are: old language, language of middle ages and modern language…
If I had to answer vk question, I would say: YES, I think English is a quite poor language… It can’t be compared with Russian and even Lithuanian Šypsena

No!